Real property used by a school, church, public college, veteran's organization, or for public recreation may be granted tax exemption by the Ohio Department of Taxation, if shown to be operating for nonprofit purposes.
Please refer to the General Guidelines for DTE 23. A Treasurers Certificate must be obtained from the Treasury Department, along with a Property Record Card obtained from the Appraisal Department and provided as supporting documentation.
Tax Incentive Program
Tax Increment Financing (TIF) is a public financing method that diverts tax revenue to subsidize redevelopment.
How to Apply
Mail or hand deliver TWO sets of the completed application with all required supporting documentation to:
Cuyahoga County Fiscal Office
Real Estate Services - Tax Exemptions
2079 East Ninth Street
Cleveland, OH 44115
- DTE 23 - Application for Real Property Tax Exemption and Remission
- DTE 23B - Complaint Against the Continued Exemption of Real Property from Taxation
- DTE 23C - Community School Tax Exemption Renewal Statement
- DTE 23N - Notice of Loss of the Right to Real property Tax Exemption
- DTE 24 - Tax Incentive Program - Application for Real Property Tax Exemption and Remission
- DTE 30RE - Ohio Department of Transportation - Application for Real Property Tax Exemption and Remission
If you need help obtaining or completing an application, email or call the Real Property department.
216-443-7065 or 216-698-6947