Public Safety Training
CCOEM coordinates training for local officials and public safety agencies using the Homeland Security Exercise and Evaluation Program (HSEEP). When appropriate, refresher courses are available to allow for the maintenance of certifications and expertise.
The countywide training program is described in detail in the Cuyahoga County Integrated Preparedness Plan (IPP).
CCOEM conducts a comprehensive program of exercises for first responders and emergency support agencies.
- Seminars familiarize participants with the details of emergency plans and their specific roles in executing those plans.
- Workshops are a type of seminar intended to achieve a specific outcome or product.
- Tabletop Exercises are facilitated discussions of emergency situations.
- Drills are coordinated, supervised exercise activities that test a single specific operation or capability.
- Functional Exercises are fully-simulated interactive exercises that test the capability of an organization to respond to a simulated incident.
- Full-Scale Exercises evaluate the operational capabilities of emergency management systems by simulating real-world activities as closely as possible, including the mobilization and response of emergency personnel, equipment, and resources.
Contact and Resources
Register for a training or exercise:
ICS-400: Advanced ICS for Command & General Staff
Registration Information: https://odpstrainingcampus.coursemill.com/cmui/#/courses/EMA-ICS400CuyahogaApril2023?sessionId=16309