Register as a Lobbyist
Lobbyists who meet one of the following exemptions are not required to register.
- A person who owns, publishes, or is employed by a media outlet. This subsection does not exempt persons whose relation to a media outlet is only incidental to a lobbying effort, or where a position taken or advocated by a media outlet directly affects a County policy in which the media outlet has a direct or indirect economic interest
- Governmental entities and their agents, provided the communications relate solely to subjects of governmental interest
- A not-for-profit corporation solely seeking to provide a free service, or financial or in-kind support, for a county program or initiative
- An attorney or other person whose contact with a County employee or elected official is made solely as part of resolving a dispute with the County, provided that the contact is solely with County employees or officials who do not vote· on, or have final authority over, the policy decision.
To finalize your lobbyist registration please send a check made payable to the Cuyahoga County Treasurer for $100.00 to the following address:
Cuyahoga County Agency of Inspector General | 2079 East 9th Street, 6th Floor | Cleveland, OH 44115
Lobbyists who do not meet one of the above listed exemptions must register with the Assistant Inspector General (AIG) every four years.
- Complete the Lobbyist Registration Form
- Sign/Affirm the online Ethics Certification Form
- Complete the 30-minute video ethics training program
- Pay a $100.00 registration fee
After you register
Registered Lobbyists must also submit an annual disclosure form to the AIG by January 1 of each calendar year.